Ikonik Ra 2000 Black IC-RBDAB-C000 Full Tower Chassis
The front of the Ra 2000 Black is shiny and easy on the eyes; no bold accent colors here, just a name plate at the bottom to detract from all the black. The 5.25" bays are covered with a removable mesh panel that you simply push in on the left and it pops out to be removed. At the top you can see the floppy drive tray that also ships with the Ra 2000. Other than that, at the seam above the name plate there is a little notch that allows for the power LED light to show just a bit.
The main body of the chassis and subsequent panels are all painted in this matte black textured finish. This side of the Ra 2000 Black offers a windowed side panel with a support bar across the middle displaying the Ikonik name. The position of the window is perfect. It shows everything you would want to see and hides all the drives and things you don't want to see.
Things start to get interesting in the rear of the chassis. Ikonik offers top or bottom mounting of the PSU; all you have to do is swap the plate, or remove it all together if you might need a dual PSU solution. In between you will find the rear I/O area next to a blue LED 140mm exhaust fan. Just below are eight expansion slots and room to be able to pass some 3/8" tubing through the rear easily; ½" may require enlarging the holes.
The opposing side is very plain, and it can be in my house. The only time I see that panel is when I'm working on it; otherwise it's against a wall.
Looking at the top of the Ra 2000 (front of the chassis is up), we see that mesh carries right over to include the front I/O panel. This is surrounded again by more mirror-like black plastic. As you move down (to the rear of the chassis) you run into the other included exhaust fan of the blue LED variety.
The front I/O consists of a large field of mesh with holes for all the connections. From the left, we start with a tiny reset button, followed by the HDD activity light. Then you run into the 3.5mm front audio jacks and four USB 2.0 ports. Finishing things off, we have the FireWire connection, fan speed controller knob and the large power button.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now