Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Just to settle any confusion, there are two versions of this chassis; the silver with of course a silver interior and the Black, which we are looking at today. The latter is an all black full tower chassis, in and out. The chassis is SECC steel, but offers 1.2mm thick parts over the more typical 0.8mm parts used in other manufacturers chassis builds. The exterior is a mix of shiny plastic, matte black paint and some mesh on the top and front of the chassis. With the Ra 2000, Ikonik proposes the option of a mesh side panel to allow for the addition of fans and an open side design. The alternative is, as you will soon see it, with the clear windowed side panel installed.
Inside the Ra 2000 Black you will find quite a bit of room; in fact, room enough for them to offer a full eight expansion slots and room enough for any triple GPU solution. In the front behind some easily removable 5.25" drive covers you can fit up to six optical drives, or any combination of additional fan controllers, bay reservoirs, or even a floppy drive mounted in the included removable tray. The 3.5" drive bays are spun sideways and allow access via either side panel. The rack utilizes "slides" that allow for HDDs to simply "lock" in or slide out for an easy swap.
Cooling inside the Ra 2000 is handled with a combination of four fans. First of all, there are two 120mm fans in the front that act as the main intake of cool air into the chassis. From there cooling moves back and up as laws of convection behind a fan or two dictate. That in mind, Ikonik equips the top and rear of the chassis with 140mm fans, one each to keep convection working at its best, cooling your products inside. Both the top and rear exhaust fans are equipped with blue LED lighting for a bit of added ambiance.
Searching the vastness of the world wide interwebs, I found that there is a similar chassis for sale in AU markets, but by specs and model numbers they don't correspond directly to the Ra 2000 I am looking at. However, through a couple of short conversations I was able to find out that it couldn't be the same. The projected release for this chassis isn't until sometime in June, so it has to be either mislabeled, or a misinformed early listing.
While discussing release timeframes, I was also able to gather that the Ikonik Ra 2000 Black as you are about to see it will have a MSRP of right around $150 US. If this chassis ends up being the solution for you, keep your eyes peeled as it is soon to hit the shelves.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20