EVGA has a reputation for high-end motherboards and GPUs; we all know this. The FTW series is also known for performance and speed. But our experience with the P55 FTW was not what we thought it should have been. At stock speeds we did not see great performance. Even when we overclocked the board we did not get amazing results.
We had an impression in our minds that the P55 FTW was going to give us great clock speeds and top end scores. Unfortunately we never saw that. We instead saw performance that was at the bottom end of the testing group at stock speeds and only in the middle with our lower than expected OC. This is not to say the board is crap, it is still a nice looking board and has a ton of options to tweak performance; we are just not seeing those make a difference in our testing.
Even gaming was something of a letdown as we only saw the P55 FTW win on our DX9 game. I would have thought that an EVGA board of this caliber would have behaved a little stronger than what we saw here today. With a $184.99 price tag at Newegg.com it is one of the least expensive "enthusiast" boards we have found. Still, I suppose like the older DFI boards, if you have time to tinker and adjust each and every setting you could get a much higher clock than we did here and possibly much better performance numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now