Hands On with the ViewSonic VNB141
Now it's time for my favorite part of the review; hands on use. The ViewSonic VNB141 is a nice looking little notebook, but the rig really has nothing that makes it stand out. It's a nice machine, but rather boring and it lacks any special features like its little brother the Viewbook Pro packs in that make it stand out from the crowd.
The ViewSonic VNB141 has a decent screen with acceptable color reproduction and decent contrast. The screen isn't the best I have seen, but it's not the worst either. The screen has loads of glare, but so does just about every other notebook on the market.
The keyboard is decent with good typing feel, well-spaced keys and good tactile feedback. The track pad is large and placed well so it isn't in the way when you want to rest your hands on the palm rest area. It is accurate and otherwise unremarkable. The little notebook has an anemic sound system, which is very common today on notebooks. However, it can muster enough volume to watch movies without the headphones if you desire.
The best thing you can say about the ViewSonic VNB141 is that the machine is sized to be portable. It's a lightweight machine and it has decent battery life. All in all the ViewSonic VNB141 is a solid notebook with average performance that does nothing to separate itself from other machines in the field. You will buy this machine based on price alone and its price is too high for its performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand