The A-DATA Nobility N002 128GB USB 3.0
Here we get our second look at the front of the A-DATA Nobility N002. On the surface it looks like any other 2.5 inch form factor solid state drive.
On the bottom of the drive we see that things start to change a little. There is a cover over the SATA II power and data connectors and four rubber feet cover the bottom holes that are normally used for mounting. All of the rubber pieces can be removed and the N002 used as a standard SATA II drive.
Here we see the standard data and power SATA connectors are where they should be for normal operation in regular SATA.
This is where things get interesting; on the side we found a USB 3.0 miniport.
Our undercover investigation found that A-DATA is already using the latest variant of the Indilinx Barefoot called ECO.
The additional hardware to enable USB 3.0 also adds to the cost and here we see it in the upper right hand corner.
On the back we see the rest of the Intel flash. There are sixteen chips total, eight on each side.
Here we get a closer look at the USB 3.0 hardware and it is not from NEC. It looks like we have a new player in the USB 3.0 game.
The A-DATA Nobility N002 comes with a USB 3.0 cable that is around 2 feet long. Here we see the cable next to the drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now