It's time to find out how the S125i Portable Speaker sounds in the real world.
- High End
Whether you're a gamer, music lover or movie buff, it's important that the high frequencies are kept intact as much as possible.
Given that the Logitech S125i uses small full range drivers to handle the entire frequency range, it's going to be interesting to see how well the high-end is represented.
During my testing I found the high-end to be surprisingly good considering the (size) constraints involved. These frequencies were reproduced with quite good overall clarity and in a fashion that was not too overwhelming for the user.
I found myself to be quite impressed with them overall. However, when the bass boost function is used things begin to become a little bit muddled up and lost in the whole mix. But i guess this is a compromise that must be decided upon based on what is being listened to.
In situations like this where ultimate performance is traded with functionality and a full range driver is used instead of a dedicated tweeter, the best that can be hoped for is something which allows for a comfortable listening experience and I think Logitech manages that here.
- Middle of the road
The mid-range frequencies are important in the roles that they play when reproducing drums and other percussion instruments and also the human voice largely.
Arguably this is the area where the S125i comes into its own, largely due to the small (approx 2") driver being used which should be the perfect size for some decent warm midrange.
During testing at low to mid volume range the S125i is capable of producing some decent sounding mid range frequencies when everything is taken into account. Although the same issue with the bass boost button is again present here, it does not interfere too badly with what's being heard and of course it can be easily switched off.
I guess the decision about whether this button gets used or not will depend on the music choice and the person listening. However, I would recommend for maximum audio quality that it gets left off unless absolutely necessary.
Bass is an all-important factor with any sound system, whether it being a dedicated music system or multi-purpose home theatre.
During my testing of the S125i system I found bass performance to be the most compromised by the use of the small 2" full range drivers.
Unfortunately without the use of a larger driver dedicated to producing low-end information, bass response is going to be limited for the most part.
When listening to certain types of music this becomes less of a problem, but unfortunately there is not a lot of music that I listen to personally that fits this criteria.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY