Setup and Installation
Now it's time to plug everything in and see how things sound out of the box.
Once the dock has been removed from its box we can power it either by using four AA batteries or with the supplied power adaptor.
Connection is simply a case of docking your iPod or iPhone into the unit and using a combination of both controls to allow music to be played back.
If the Aux connection is to be used, a dual stereo to single mini-jack cable must be sourced out by the user. The connection can easily be found on the rear of the unit next to the power connection.
Since we are not dealing with any software or other complicating variables, things should go very smoothly and be up and running in moments.
The only concern I had here was how my iPhone sort of 'hung' above the unit connected by Apples proprietary 30-pin connector, meaning that all there was in terms of support was the connection itself, which is fine as long as the unit does not get bumped around and the connection is not wobbled from side to side.
There was also the somewhat annoying foible, which dictated the iPod or whatever device must be powered down while in the dock, otherwise it will always be automatically powered on (by the dock). This can actually be more of a hassle than one might imagine.
Another quick point here; when the dock is seated on a bench or wherever, due to its very low weight it is actually very easy to slip and slide around when using the buttons on the front.
Overall, though, the setup was as simple as any dock, just like it should be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications