As far as features go, the IT7 does not disappoint. Firstly, it supports 4-channel ATA133 RAID through a HighPoint HPT374 controller, which means there is support for a maximum of 8 devices. From past experience, the HPT374 is certainly among the best of its kind and regarded by many as far superior to Promise's equivalent product. With the regular 2-channel ATA133 support through the Southbridge available as well, the IT7 supports a total of 12 IDE devices!
Secondly, 10/100 Ethernet is provided through a Realtek RTL8100B controller. This was a good choice by Abit and I found it to perform just as well as my PCI network cards. USB2.0 support is provided through a VIA VT6202 controller. There are two USB 2.0 ports and four USB 1.1 ports on the board. Two extra USB 2.0 ports can be enabled using the provided back plate.
Adding to the uniqueness of the IT7, IEEE 1394 or Firewire support is also available, with two Firewire ports onboard. As well as this, 5.1 audio is available through a Realtek ALC650 controller. This controller provides playback at a sample rate of 96KHz. It features SPDIF OUT, line-in and center/sub connectors, a front speaker connector and a mic in port. I found the sound quality from this controller to be very decent for an onboard chip, and most people, besides audiophiles, should be happy with the sound quality produced.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand