As far as features go, the IT7 does not disappoint. Firstly, it supports 4-channel ATA133 RAID through a HighPoint HPT374 controller, which means there is support for a maximum of 8 devices. From past experience, the HPT374 is certainly among the best of its kind and regarded by many as far superior to Promise's equivalent product. With the regular 2-channel ATA133 support through the Southbridge available as well, the IT7 supports a total of 12 IDE devices!
Secondly, 10/100 Ethernet is provided through a Realtek RTL8100B controller. This was a good choice by Abit and I found it to perform just as well as my PCI network cards. USB2.0 support is provided through a VIA VT6202 controller. There are two USB 2.0 ports and four USB 1.1 ports on the board. Two extra USB 2.0 ports can be enabled using the provided back plate.
Adding to the uniqueness of the IT7, IEEE 1394 or Firewire support is also available, with two Firewire ports onboard. As well as this, 5.1 audio is available through a Realtek ALC650 controller. This controller provides playback at a sample rate of 96KHz. It features SPDIF OUT, line-in and center/sub connectors, a front speaker connector and a mic in port. I found the sound quality from this controller to be very decent for an onboard chip, and most people, besides audiophiles, should be happy with the sound quality produced.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni