Taking A Closer Look
The IT7 features a slot layout of 1 AGP, 4 PCI and 3 DDR DIMM slots supporting a maximum of 2GB of 184-pin DDR SDRAM. It is great to see that Abit managed to fit 4 PCI slots on the board, as the AT7 only featured 3. That said, due to the amount of integrated features on the IT7, those planning to purchase this board would most likely not be using many PCI devices anyway.
The ATX power connector is well placed so that your power cables do not run over the top of the heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow. The IDE and Floppy connectors were also logically placed so that they are not in the way of any PCI slots and can be easily reached.
One unusual thing I noticed about the IT7 was that the CMOS battery is seated vertically rather than the horizontal positioning we are used to. The reason for this is that with all the onboard components, Abit had to think of every way possible to save space on the board.
The Northbridge is cooled by a silver heatsink, which is quite unusual for Abit as they often tend to have an active cooler attached to the Northbridge of most of their motherboards. My guess is that it ran cool enough without a fan attached and besides, I'm sure most of you can do without the added noise anyway.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20