Taking A Closer Look
The IT7 features a slot layout of 1 AGP, 4 PCI and 3 DDR DIMM slots supporting a maximum of 2GB of 184-pin DDR SDRAM. It is great to see that Abit managed to fit 4 PCI slots on the board, as the AT7 only featured 3. That said, due to the amount of integrated features on the IT7, those planning to purchase this board would most likely not be using many PCI devices anyway.
The ATX power connector is well placed so that your power cables do not run over the top of the heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow. The IDE and Floppy connectors were also logically placed so that they are not in the way of any PCI slots and can be easily reached.
One unusual thing I noticed about the IT7 was that the CMOS battery is seated vertically rather than the horizontal positioning we are used to. The reason for this is that with all the onboard components, Abit had to think of every way possible to save space on the board.
The Northbridge is cooled by a silver heatsink, which is quite unusual for Abit as they often tend to have an active cooler attached to the Northbridge of most of their motherboards. My guess is that it ran cool enough without a fan attached and besides, I'm sure most of you can do without the added noise anyway.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives