The Enermax Staray ECA3171-BR-AP Mid Tower Case
Out in the open finally, the Staray appears with simple lines, clean red accents and enough mesh to allow for air to seep in everywhere.
The front consists of four uniquely angled mesh covers for the optical drive bays; Enermax says this is to improve airflow. In the middle are the front I/O panel and the home for your floppy drive. That leaves the bottom for the 120mm fan behind it to draw through and to add a touch of class. Enermax uses an Aluminum logo to the bottom as the only denotation on the chassis.
The front I/O panel is small and simple and houses just enough to get the job done. You may have to do things one at a time, but you can still do them. There is a USB 2.0 connection, the microphone and headphone 3.5mm jacks, then another USB connection. The button is for, of course, the light, but more specifically the front intakes fan lighting.
The left side has a bit of breathability to it as well. There is a large section of mesh that is backed by dual 120mm fans which you will see in just a bit. A pair of thumbscrews will allow you to remove this panel; the opposing panel uses regular screws.
The rear of the chassis is not black; it remains in the SEC coating. The top houses the power supply just above the rear I/O section and room for an optional 120mm fan. That leaves the seven expansion slots and two grommets to allow for tubing to easily pass through the case, if you are planning to water cool in this chassis.
The only discernable feature on the right side is the finger grab indent towards the rear of the chassis. Other than that it's just black steel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Analyst expects mobile app store revenue to hit $100 billion by 2020
- Unity announces SteamVR support, now works on the HTC Vive
- P.T. influenced game now coming to Xbox One and PS4, possibly VR
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance