The Enermax Staray ECA3171-BR-AP Mid Tower Case
Out in the open finally, the Staray appears with simple lines, clean red accents and enough mesh to allow for air to seep in everywhere.
The front consists of four uniquely angled mesh covers for the optical drive bays; Enermax says this is to improve airflow. In the middle are the front I/O panel and the home for your floppy drive. That leaves the bottom for the 120mm fan behind it to draw through and to add a touch of class. Enermax uses an Aluminum logo to the bottom as the only denotation on the chassis.
The front I/O panel is small and simple and houses just enough to get the job done. You may have to do things one at a time, but you can still do them. There is a USB 2.0 connection, the microphone and headphone 3.5mm jacks, then another USB connection. The button is for, of course, the light, but more specifically the front intakes fan lighting.
The left side has a bit of breathability to it as well. There is a large section of mesh that is backed by dual 120mm fans which you will see in just a bit. A pair of thumbscrews will allow you to remove this panel; the opposing panel uses regular screws.
The rear of the chassis is not black; it remains in the SEC coating. The top houses the power supply just above the rear I/O section and room for an optional 120mm fan. That leaves the seven expansion slots and two grommets to allow for tubing to easily pass through the case, if you are planning to water cool in this chassis.
The only discernable feature on the right side is the finger grab indent towards the rear of the chassis. Other than that it's just black steel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Report: Crytek Shanghai studio closes due to unpaid rent
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti