It is a common issue for power users; how do you fit your new solid state drive that uses the notebook standard 2.5 inch form factor into your desktop that was designed to accept 3.5 inch drives? Many users have taken to just laying their drive at the bottom of their case, but that makes moving your system around dangerous and it really doesn't look very good.
I set out to find the best adapter available, but it needed to fit a certain set of criteria that would make it appealing for wide spread adaption for our readers. There have been an increasing number of these products brought to market in the last few months; some of them cheap, others bulky and others just looked like they would be a pain in the butt to use. My goal was to find a product that was low cost, easy to use and bring more features to the table than just a U shaped piece of aluminum can provide.
My search ended when ICY DOCK released their MB990SP-B 2.5" to 3.5" SATA / IDE SSD & HDD Bracket. Today we are going to take a look at this must-have product that will not only allow you to easily install your new SSD into your desktop, but it will let you install two drives, all without turning a single screw.
Let's have a look at the specs and pricing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ICY DOCK MB990SP-B Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethsoft teases Fallout 4 DLC and huge Survivor Mode changes
- Qualcomm aims to make smartwatches much better with new chip
- Microsoft to reveal new Windows 10 and Xbox One plans this month
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.1 now on PC, adds custom dedicated servers
- Only digital pre-orders unlock access to the Hitman beta
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance