It is a common issue for power users; how do you fit your new solid state drive that uses the notebook standard 2.5 inch form factor into your desktop that was designed to accept 3.5 inch drives? Many users have taken to just laying their drive at the bottom of their case, but that makes moving your system around dangerous and it really doesn't look very good.
I set out to find the best adapter available, but it needed to fit a certain set of criteria that would make it appealing for wide spread adaption for our readers. There have been an increasing number of these products brought to market in the last few months; some of them cheap, others bulky and others just looked like they would be a pain in the butt to use. My goal was to find a product that was low cost, easy to use and bring more features to the table than just a U shaped piece of aluminum can provide.
My search ended when ICY DOCK released their MB990SP-B 2.5" to 3.5" SATA / IDE SSD & HDD Bracket. Today we are going to take a look at this must-have product that will not only allow you to easily install your new SSD into your desktop, but it will let you install two drives, all without turning a single screw.
Let's have a look at the specs and pricing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ICY DOCK MB990SP-B Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni