Looking at the card, you might notice that the cooler design is exactly the same as we saw the other day on the HD 5870. It's of course different to the standard design with the biggest difference being the type of fan being used and the fact that it's now placed in the middle of the card, directly over the GPU.
On the right hand side we can see the brand and model while on the left you can see that HIS have chosen to clearly take advantage of the fact Modern Warfare 2 is included in the bundle. Behind the fan you can see the heatsink and in between that we have some heat pipes to help keep the card as cool as possible.
While the cooler might be different, the rest of the card doesn't really hold any surprise at all. Towards the back we've got our two 6-Pin PCI E power connectors while across the top but closer to the front we have our two CrossFire connectors in the event you want to throw a couple of these together.
The I/O department carries the standard HD 5800 series Eyefinity setup which is two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single DisplayPort and HDMI connector.
As we've already mentioned a few times, this particular version of the HD 5850 is a Turbo one and it's not just a little baby overclock. Having a look below, you can see that HIS have given us a nice little bump.
The core comes in at 765MHz which is a good 40MHz up on the stock 725MHz clock, while the 1GB of GDDR memory which normally comes in at 4000MHz QDR now carries with it a 4500MHz QDR clock.
The overclock that HIS is offering us should really yield some good performance increases when compared to a standard HD 5850. It'll also be interesting to see how it goes against the newly released GTX 470 from NVIDIA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives