We all know about wireless; we have all seen wireless access points and routers. They all look about the same with a few minor aesthetic differences. However, they do not have to look the same as we found out a few weeks ago. On that day we received a very interesting package in the post. It was from TRENDnet and contained one of the more interesting networking products I have played around with.
The device in question, called the TEW-653AP, looks more like a smoke detector than what it really is. In reality it is a very functional wireless access point that can be run on Power over Ethernet and supports the Wireless Distribution System. You have heard us talk about both of these before, so you know that these are becoming more prevalent in the consumer market. But the TEW-653AP has more inside its little round body than just PoE and WDS; it is a full 802.11n spec router with SNMP, a DHCP server, a scheduler for power saving, usage monitoring, multiple SSID support (using VLANs), and the list goes on.
At $108.19 (after instant savings) from NewEgg.com it is a little more expensive than your average AP; but then again, it does so much more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook