We all know about wireless; we have all seen wireless access points and routers. They all look about the same with a few minor aesthetic differences. However, they do not have to look the same as we found out a few weeks ago. On that day we received a very interesting package in the post. It was from TRENDnet and contained one of the more interesting networking products I have played around with.
The device in question, called the TEW-653AP, looks more like a smoke detector than what it really is. In reality it is a very functional wireless access point that can be run on Power over Ethernet and supports the Wireless Distribution System. You have heard us talk about both of these before, so you know that these are becoming more prevalent in the consumer market. But the TEW-653AP has more inside its little round body than just PoE and WDS; it is a full 802.11n spec router with SNMP, a DHCP server, a scheduler for power saving, usage monitoring, multiple SSID support (using VLANs), and the list goes on.
At $108.19 (after instant savings) from NewEgg.com it is a little more expensive than your average AP; but then again, it does so much more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand