Things get a little bit different inside this chassis. One of the first things I noticed was the green tabs on the drive bays. They provide a screwless locking mechanism for the 5.25" bays and one of the 3.5" bays. Once you have a drive in place, it is just a matter of pushing the tab forward and locking it. The drive gets fairly firmly locked in place, with the slightest of play with some drives on the opposite side.
On the opposite side we see the other half of the screwless mount. The tab sits in the screw hole, and does a reasonable job of keeping the drive in place.
The other interesting thing is the bar that runs from top to bottom. It provides a card retention method via little green adjustable thingies (hey I couldn't think of a better description:)), something I have seen previously in Skyhawk cases. Placing one above a card and extending it out will lock it firmly in place. This is a good feature if your rig gets moved around a lot, as video cards are often dislodged by movement. However people like me will get frustrated with the whole thing getting in the way when removing components, but thankfully the bar is completely removable via screws in the side and bottom.
There are plenty of motherboard mounts to suit most motherboards. Boards are mounted via fitting metal lugs to the motherboard itself, and then sliding it in. It is then held in place with only two screws.
There are a pair of 80mm case fan mounts. One is located on the rear panel and is fitted with a decent ball bearing 80mm fan for exhaust.
The other location is at the bottom front underneath the drive bays. There is no plastic mount, but screws are provided to fix it to the chassis.
The included 300W power supply is fitted with ample connectors, including the ATX12V 4-pin for P4 and also the 1/2 AT style AUX connector for those with boards that require it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 3 [External Analysis]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand