Things get a little bit different inside this chassis. One of the first things I noticed was the green tabs on the drive bays. They provide a screwless locking mechanism for the 5.25" bays and one of the 3.5" bays. Once you have a drive in place, it is just a matter of pushing the tab forward and locking it. The drive gets fairly firmly locked in place, with the slightest of play with some drives on the opposite side.
On the opposite side we see the other half of the screwless mount. The tab sits in the screw hole, and does a reasonable job of keeping the drive in place.
The other interesting thing is the bar that runs from top to bottom. It provides a card retention method via little green adjustable thingies (hey I couldn't think of a better description:)), something I have seen previously in Skyhawk cases. Placing one above a card and extending it out will lock it firmly in place. This is a good feature if your rig gets moved around a lot, as video cards are often dislodged by movement. However people like me will get frustrated with the whole thing getting in the way when removing components, but thankfully the bar is completely removable via screws in the side and bottom.
There are plenty of motherboard mounts to suit most motherboards. Boards are mounted via fitting metal lugs to the motherboard itself, and then sliding it in. It is then held in place with only two screws.
There are a pair of 80mm case fan mounts. One is located on the rear panel and is fitted with a decent ball bearing 80mm fan for exhaust.
The other location is at the bottom front underneath the drive bays. There is no plastic mount, but screws are provided to fix it to the chassis.
The included 300W power supply is fitted with ample connectors, including the ATX12V 4-pin for P4 and also the 1/2 AT style AUX connector for those with boards that require it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 3 [External Analysis]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS