Just a few months after the launch of VIA's KT333 chipset, almost all of the prominent motherboard manufacturers have their KT333 motherboards on sale in retail channels all over the world. When the first benchmark numbers of the KT333 chipset were released, many consumers and reviewers alike were not very impressed. This is simply because the chipset does not provide a tangible performance increase over its predecessor, the KT266A chipset, due to the current AMD Athlon processors not being able to utilise the extra memory bandwidth that the KT333 chipset provides. Nonetheless, it is still a very solid chipset and although owners of KT266A boards will not be motivated to upgrade just yet, the KT333 chipset has proven itself to be a viable solution for those looking to upgrade from slightly older platforms (e.g. AMD760).
We have taken a look at quite a few KT333 based motherboards here at TweakTown in the past. These include: the Abit AT7, the Asus A7V333, the EPoX 8K3A+, the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP and the Soltek 75DRV5. Continuing our KT333 coverage, we have managed to obtain Soyo's KT333 based motherboard, the KT333 Dragon Ultra.
The KT333 Dragon Ultra was actually the third motherboard in Soyo's "Dragon" series, with its predecessors being the K7V Dragon (KT266) and the K7V Dragon Plus (KT266A). Both of these boards gained Soyo quite a good reputation because they offered a wide range of features, high performance and were priced at a fraction of what the competition was charging for their boards based on the same chipset.
Soyo, being ones for adding style to their product have released a new KT333 Dragon board to add to their success - a platinum motherboard. Let's see if it is as good as it looks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 3 [Features]
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup]
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS