I'll be the first to admit that a few years ago when someone mentioned MSI, video cards were not the first thing that came to mind, let alone video cards that I would recommend. It's not that there was anything wrong with MSI's video cards, it's just that they didn't really stand out from the pack.
In the past couple years, however, we've seen the company really move forward in the VGA market. First they started doing a bit of overclocking and then we saw some extra coolers and nowadays we see the company move way out of the box with some fantastic own-PCB designed cards.
The Lightning series has already left a mark with us recently and it looked like it could be a dominant force in the enthusiast market. Combining both an impressive model with stand out features, MSI are able to do something special.
The latest model to get hit by the lightning bolt is the HD 5870 which is already a model we know and love. But the question is, what have MSI done to the model to make it stand out from the pack? - Let's check out the package before looking at the card itself and find out exactly what they've done with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications