Antec has done it again in my eyes. They offer a very nice package at a really affordable price. The outside is unique in the front and more subdued everywhere else. Even the case LEDs that indicate power and hard drive activity are small and don't boldly blaze light into the room. So what do you get? You get a solid chassis in black, with a couple of controllable fans, at a really low price. Antec goes a bit beyond that and offers a nice spot for two additional fans in the front and in the door. If you want LEDs all ablaze in the chassis, by all means get some fans with LEDs. If silence is the game, go that route with your fan choice.
I mention silence for one key reason. With the Two Hundred in the low speed fan switch position, I had to take the door off to actually see which fan was making the noise. What I found was that the stock Intel cooler was the culprit for all the noise I was hearing. So if you want to keep things silent, choosing the right fans can make all the difference in the world. Switching over to the high speed setting, the whir or the fan blades chopping through the air is more apparent. With the fans on high speed, just the two of them, there is quite a bit of internal air flow and the rather large mesh front allows for this. If you were to back the mesh with a couple of 120mm fans, the cooling abilities of the Two Hundred can only get better.
My first glances and thoughts of the Antec Two Hundred were definitely changed after some time with this chassis. I saw the outside and thought it was simple and boring at first, but Antec proved me wrong. While things are basic and simple to keep costs down and passed on to the consumer, I can't find fault in simplicity when it is done right and Antec I believe has done it right with this budget mid tower chassis. Producing a very customizable, user friendly chassis based off the 900 of long ago, is a big win for Antec, and with pricing like I found at Newegg for $49.95 plus shipping, this has to be one of the most budget friendly cases with excellent cooling potential on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Bungie couldn't get Destiny 2 to hit 60FPS on consoles
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience