Antec has done it again in my eyes. They offer a very nice package at a really affordable price. The outside is unique in the front and more subdued everywhere else. Even the case LEDs that indicate power and hard drive activity are small and don't boldly blaze light into the room. So what do you get? You get a solid chassis in black, with a couple of controllable fans, at a really low price. Antec goes a bit beyond that and offers a nice spot for two additional fans in the front and in the door. If you want LEDs all ablaze in the chassis, by all means get some fans with LEDs. If silence is the game, go that route with your fan choice.
I mention silence for one key reason. With the Two Hundred in the low speed fan switch position, I had to take the door off to actually see which fan was making the noise. What I found was that the stock Intel cooler was the culprit for all the noise I was hearing. So if you want to keep things silent, choosing the right fans can make all the difference in the world. Switching over to the high speed setting, the whir or the fan blades chopping through the air is more apparent. With the fans on high speed, just the two of them, there is quite a bit of internal air flow and the rather large mesh front allows for this. If you were to back the mesh with a couple of 120mm fans, the cooling abilities of the Two Hundred can only get better.
My first glances and thoughts of the Antec Two Hundred were definitely changed after some time with this chassis. I saw the outside and thought it was simple and boring at first, but Antec proved me wrong. While things are basic and simple to keep costs down and passed on to the consumer, I can't find fault in simplicity when it is done right and Antec I believe has done it right with this budget mid tower chassis. Producing a very customizable, user friendly chassis based off the 900 of long ago, is a big win for Antec, and with pricing like I found at Newegg for $49.95 plus shipping, this has to be one of the most budget friendly cases with excellent cooling potential on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset