Antec has done it again in my eyes. They offer a very nice package at a really affordable price. The outside is unique in the front and more subdued everywhere else. Even the case LEDs that indicate power and hard drive activity are small and don't boldly blaze light into the room. So what do you get? You get a solid chassis in black, with a couple of controllable fans, at a really low price. Antec goes a bit beyond that and offers a nice spot for two additional fans in the front and in the door. If you want LEDs all ablaze in the chassis, by all means get some fans with LEDs. If silence is the game, go that route with your fan choice.
I mention silence for one key reason. With the Two Hundred in the low speed fan switch position, I had to take the door off to actually see which fan was making the noise. What I found was that the stock Intel cooler was the culprit for all the noise I was hearing. So if you want to keep things silent, choosing the right fans can make all the difference in the world. Switching over to the high speed setting, the whir or the fan blades chopping through the air is more apparent. With the fans on high speed, just the two of them, there is quite a bit of internal air flow and the rather large mesh front allows for this. If you were to back the mesh with a couple of 120mm fans, the cooling abilities of the Two Hundred can only get better.
My first glances and thoughts of the Antec Two Hundred were definitely changed after some time with this chassis. I saw the outside and thought it was simple and boring at first, but Antec proved me wrong. While things are basic and simple to keep costs down and passed on to the consumer, I can't find fault in simplicity when it is done right and Antec I believe has done it right with this budget mid tower chassis. Producing a very customizable, user friendly chassis based off the 900 of long ago, is a big win for Antec, and with pricing like I found at Newegg for $49.95 plus shipping, this has to be one of the most budget friendly cases with excellent cooling potential on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis