The Build and Finished Product
Like I said near the beginning, there are two screws that need to be removed from the front I/O to allow the front cover to be removed. Luckily I had a 2mm wrench to remove the hex head screws, or I would have been up a creek without a paddle. With this done you can now remove the front bay covers as needed and remove any bays cover steel pieces if you are adding more optical drives.
There is a lot of room around the back of the drives and under the motherboard tray support rail. It took very little time to get a good layout for the wires and just a few extra tie straps and this is what you can end up with.
Removing the stock I/O plate and replacing it with this one just requires a bit of twisting and the plate snaps right out. Then simply snap in the right one. With just the plastic tabs holding in the 9800 GTX+, it allows the card to lean quite a bit; I do suggest you install the screws as well.
A bit of creative wiring and the Skyline can still stay pretty tidy inside. There isn't a whole lot of extra room for much larger graphics cards either. Getting all the parts installed went pretty well with nothing too notable to mention stalling the process.
Don't forget to leave a 4-pin Molex connection close by. When the door goes back on, you need to have it handy to power the 80mm, blue LED fan. The window gives an excellent view of everything inside the chassis, easy to check on things with just a quick glance.
Powered up, the front of the Skyline has two bright blue LEDs to light the slit in the Aluminum, and it also floods out the bottom a bit as well.
The blue LED fan in the door actually makes the edge of the window panel glow like a blue halo. This fan and the front LEDs are the only included lighting; a blue fan in a PSU can do nothing but accentuate the look of the blue lit interior.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives