The Build and Finished Product
Like I said near the beginning, there are two screws that need to be removed from the front I/O to allow the front cover to be removed. Luckily I had a 2mm wrench to remove the hex head screws, or I would have been up a creek without a paddle. With this done you can now remove the front bay covers as needed and remove any bays cover steel pieces if you are adding more optical drives.
There is a lot of room around the back of the drives and under the motherboard tray support rail. It took very little time to get a good layout for the wires and just a few extra tie straps and this is what you can end up with.
Removing the stock I/O plate and replacing it with this one just requires a bit of twisting and the plate snaps right out. Then simply snap in the right one. With just the plastic tabs holding in the 9800 GTX+, it allows the card to lean quite a bit; I do suggest you install the screws as well.
A bit of creative wiring and the Skyline can still stay pretty tidy inside. There isn't a whole lot of extra room for much larger graphics cards either. Getting all the parts installed went pretty well with nothing too notable to mention stalling the process.
Don't forget to leave a 4-pin Molex connection close by. When the door goes back on, you need to have it handy to power the 80mm, blue LED fan. The window gives an excellent view of everything inside the chassis, easy to check on things with just a quick glance.
Powered up, the front of the Skyline has two bright blue LEDs to light the slit in the Aluminum, and it also floods out the bottom a bit as well.
The blue LED fan in the door actually makes the edge of the window panel glow like a blue halo. This fan and the front LEDs are the only included lighting; a blue fan in a PSU can do nothing but accentuate the look of the blue lit interior.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients
- Technology and Innovation Key to Cost Reduction and Capital Efficiency as Companies Strive to Meet Future Energy Demand, IHS Says
- Patriot Introduces 128GB Compact USB Flash Drives for Optimal Portable Storage Solutions