Inside The Raidmax Skyline Windowed Mid Tower Case
From the inside of the door on the Skyline, we can see the chassis is all SECC coated then the exterior is painted. The artsy window holders are screwed into, through the window holding the 80mm blue LED fan, with the eight screws seen here. When trying to remove the panels, I found they are very tight fitting and require a fair bit of brute force to get them to slide back so they can be removed.
Inside the chassis, sort of loosely traveling in the Skyline, the included hardware and manual were found where they sit. They did bundle the wires though, as they can scratch on the inside of the window during transit.
The wiring from the front I/O has the longer USB and audio wires on the left, and the fairly short power, reset, HDD activity, and power LED connections. The wire lying in the background is a 4-pin Molex connector for the LED lighting near the bottom of the front bezel. Take your time checking to be sure on the riser placement there are no markings to aid in your needed placement.
Inside the front you find five tool-less 5.25" bays with bold blue locks. Just below these is the spot to install a floppy drive. Just under the floppy drive bay is a yellow tab, lift it up and the cage spins out for easy access and is cooled with a blue bladed, 120mm fan to match the locks on the sides of the drives. There are tool-less slides for this that you will see in the hardware section.
In the back there is a matching, blue bladed, 120mm fan to help exhaust the warm air from inside the chassis. The seven expansion slots have break away covers, but utilize a tool-less clip that can be assisted with screws to mount in the cards.
The floor of the chassis is solid and does not allow for the PSU to be installed fan down, so the PSU will pull out air from inside the Skyline and add more exhaust flow. The roof of the Skyline has another set of the blue bladed, 120mm fans, again exhausting air from inside the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- Download Bungie's 2.4.1 patch update for Destiny now
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system