- Light Output Comparison
The first thing you notice when powering on these lights is how vibrant the colours produced from them are. The cold cathode tube produces bright output of light which is easily comparable in quality to the light kits from PCMods and PC Case Gear.
Interestingly, the tubes feature many thin color strips running from top to bottom with an equal space between each. I was unable to tell if this improves the quality of light output or if they are just there as a means of telling which tube is what colour without the fuss of having to power them up just to find out - I'd say the latter is more probable, but that's just my guess. I come to this conclusion since the package we received had no retail packaging to identify which light is which. I would imagine many companies in the US would be selling these kits relabeled with their own name and packaging, as I had never heard of the Sunbeam company before they contacted us.
To give you an idea of the quality of these light kits I've taken a photo of the blue Sunbeam light next to the PCMods blue light, with camera flash off and on - The Sunbeam light is furthest to the top while the PCMods light is furthest to the bottom in both photos.
As you can see there isn't a great deal of difference between each light in terms of total light output goes - It was difficult to find a clear cut winner out of the two. Although, it was easy to see that the Sunbeam light does produce a much more vibrant and defined shade of blue which I consider superior to pervious lights I have tested, then again - that's just my opinion.
In case you were wondering, the heat output of the Sunbeam lights is nothing to be concerned about - Your case temperatures aren't going to increase. After having the lights on for roughly 4 hours they did not heat up anymore then any of the previous lights I've used.
In the attempt to give you a better idea of the difference between both, I set both lights up in my case in the exact same position and took photos with camera flash off. The first shot is of the Sunbeam light while the second shot is of the PCMods light.
Ignore the innards of the case; it's quite messy I know...:)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015