When the folks from Sunbeam Technology asked me if I would be interested in doing a review of one of their cold cathode fluorescent light kits, I jumped at the opportunity - for two reasons.
The first reason being I love neon lights and the style they add to computer cases with customized side windows. I've tested quite a few light kits from various companies before today, so I was keen to see what the relatively new Taiwan based competitor had to offer in terms of quality in light output and workmanship, for the case modder in all of us. Previous lighting products I had tested I was delighted with, while others...well, let's just say they were more suitable for the Thursday morning rubbish collection.
The second reason, quite simply, I was in need of some extra light kits for our systems - indeed timely, these happened to fulfill the requirement quite nicely. At the same time I thought why not try these new light kits from Sunbeam and see how they compare to the high quality kits that I had reviewed in the past from companies like PCMods (USA) and PC Case Gear (Australia) which were both rewarded our Editor's Choice award respectively. I was quite optimistic about the kits coming in from the Taiwanese company. For one, it was a welcome change to see the inverters have support for dual lights - saving cable clutter inside your case, but more on that later in the review.
Do the Sunbeam cold cathode light kits have what it takes to compete with the long lasting champions from the likes of PCMods and PC Case Gear? Read on as I endeavor to give you that answer today from both the blue and red light kits we received from Taiwan for testing!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- 'Indiana Jones 5' loses co-creator George Lucas
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards