When the folks from Sunbeam Technology asked me if I would be interested in doing a review of one of their cold cathode fluorescent light kits, I jumped at the opportunity - for two reasons.
The first reason being I love neon lights and the style they add to computer cases with customized side windows. I've tested quite a few light kits from various companies before today, so I was keen to see what the relatively new Taiwan based competitor had to offer in terms of quality in light output and workmanship, for the case modder in all of us. Previous lighting products I had tested I was delighted with, while others...well, let's just say they were more suitable for the Thursday morning rubbish collection.
The second reason, quite simply, I was in need of some extra light kits for our systems - indeed timely, these happened to fulfill the requirement quite nicely. At the same time I thought why not try these new light kits from Sunbeam and see how they compare to the high quality kits that I had reviewed in the past from companies like PCMods (USA) and PC Case Gear (Australia) which were both rewarded our Editor's Choice award respectively. I was quite optimistic about the kits coming in from the Taiwanese company. For one, it was a welcome change to see the inverters have support for dual lights - saving cable clutter inside your case, but more on that later in the review.
Do the Sunbeam cold cathode light kits have what it takes to compete with the long lasting champions from the likes of PCMods and PC Case Gear? Read on as I endeavor to give you that answer today from both the blue and red light kits we received from Taiwan for testing!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity