When the folks from Sunbeam Technology asked me if I would be interested in doing a review of one of their cold cathode fluorescent light kits, I jumped at the opportunity - for two reasons.
The first reason being I love neon lights and the style they add to computer cases with customized side windows. I've tested quite a few light kits from various companies before today, so I was keen to see what the relatively new Taiwan based competitor had to offer in terms of quality in light output and workmanship, for the case modder in all of us. Previous lighting products I had tested I was delighted with, while others...well, let's just say they were more suitable for the Thursday morning rubbish collection.
The second reason, quite simply, I was in need of some extra light kits for our systems - indeed timely, these happened to fulfill the requirement quite nicely. At the same time I thought why not try these new light kits from Sunbeam and see how they compare to the high quality kits that I had reviewed in the past from companies like PCMods (USA) and PC Case Gear (Australia) which were both rewarded our Editor's Choice award respectively. I was quite optimistic about the kits coming in from the Taiwanese company. For one, it was a welcome change to see the inverters have support for dual lights - saving cable clutter inside your case, but more on that later in the review.
Do the Sunbeam cold cathode light kits have what it takes to compete with the long lasting champions from the likes of PCMods and PC Case Gear? Read on as I endeavor to give you that answer today from both the blue and red light kits we received from Taiwan for testing!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club