How does it work?
As we mentioned just before, the Wildcharger Pad and Adapter uses a form of direct contact conduction. Although they use magnetic contacts on the back of the adapter, these are nothing more than an extra step to ensure good contact between the pad and adapter.
According to WildCharge, they use an "ancient Chinese secret" to allow the pad to know when an adapter has been placed on it. Although I was not able to get more information from them, I am sure this is some form of RFID device that identifies the adapter to the pad and completes the circuit for charging. This also allows the pad to know when a foreign object is placed on it and to deactivate itself to prevent damage to the pad, foreign object, or any adapters on the pad.
Once the circuit is complete, the charging begins. As we mentioned above, this is direct contact conductive charging and as such there is very little energy that is lost (unlike many inductive charging systems). As such, it should use a little less power from the wall to charge your devices.
If you are not familiar with direct contact conductive circuits, let me give you a very simple example of one you use every day. When you plug in your cell phone to the wall charger you are creating a conductive circuit. This circuit runs to pads in the battery compartment of your phone. These pads make direct contact with the battery and transfer the charge from the wall to the battery (through the charging hardware in the phone of course).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now