How does it work?
As we mentioned just before, the Wildcharger Pad and Adapter uses a form of direct contact conduction. Although they use magnetic contacts on the back of the adapter, these are nothing more than an extra step to ensure good contact between the pad and adapter.
According to WildCharge, they use an "ancient Chinese secret" to allow the pad to know when an adapter has been placed on it. Although I was not able to get more information from them, I am sure this is some form of RFID device that identifies the adapter to the pad and completes the circuit for charging. This also allows the pad to know when a foreign object is placed on it and to deactivate itself to prevent damage to the pad, foreign object, or any adapters on the pad.
Once the circuit is complete, the charging begins. As we mentioned above, this is direct contact conductive charging and as such there is very little energy that is lost (unlike many inductive charging systems). As such, it should use a little less power from the wall to charge your devices.
If you are not familiar with direct contact conductive circuits, let me give you a very simple example of one you use every day. When you plug in your cell phone to the wall charger you are creating a conductive circuit. This circuit runs to pads in the battery compartment of your phone. These pads make direct contact with the battery and transfer the charge from the wall to the battery (through the charging hardware in the phone of course).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog