How does it work?
As we mentioned just before, the Wildcharger Pad and Adapter uses a form of direct contact conduction. Although they use magnetic contacts on the back of the adapter, these are nothing more than an extra step to ensure good contact between the pad and adapter.
According to WildCharge, they use an "ancient Chinese secret" to allow the pad to know when an adapter has been placed on it. Although I was not able to get more information from them, I am sure this is some form of RFID device that identifies the adapter to the pad and completes the circuit for charging. This also allows the pad to know when a foreign object is placed on it and to deactivate itself to prevent damage to the pad, foreign object, or any adapters on the pad.
Once the circuit is complete, the charging begins. As we mentioned above, this is direct contact conductive charging and as such there is very little energy that is lost (unlike many inductive charging systems). As such, it should use a little less power from the wall to charge your devices.
If you are not familiar with direct contact conductive circuits, let me give you a very simple example of one you use every day. When you plug in your cell phone to the wall charger you are creating a conductive circuit. This circuit runs to pads in the battery compartment of your phone. These pads make direct contact with the battery and transfer the charge from the wall to the battery (through the charging hardware in the phone of course).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20