We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
Surprisingly the AMD 890GX uses more power than the H57 does. But, to its credit it is doing this with a much more power hungry CPU. This means that overall the board is actually better for power consumption than the H57 board we tested it against.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboard; this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
There is no way else to say it, unfortunately the 890GX still generates more heat than the H57 does even when overclocked.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's new with the 890GX]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests - Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CON MAN game has arrived on Apple & Android devices
- Ubisoft culls four PC games due to lack of popularity
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice hits the Nintendo 3DS on Sept 27
- Lenovo's new Thinkpad X1 Yoga has a 1440p OLED display
- AMD's next-gen Vega graphics cards launch in early 2017
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop