The P7P55D-E Pro uses ASUS' customized version of the AMI BIOS. But as with almost every motherboard ASUS makes, you will spend 90% of your time in the AI-Tweaker section.
For some this area will have way too many settings to play with. Thankfully, ASUS has included some quick and easy overclocking features that even a beginner can use.
The first is the CPU level up. This is a simple BIOS adjustment that allows you to "level-up" your CPU to act as a faster CPU. As you can see, the BIOS gave us the option to push ours to act like an i7 860, 870 and even run at 3.2GHz with a simple keystroke. The next is the built in BIOS auto tuning. This is much like the Auto Tuning that is done by the software driven TurboV EVO, but simply at the BIOS level without the need to boot into Windows.
The rest of the BIOS is clean and easy to navigate once you get the hang of it (which does not take long).
As more and more companies throw in software to allow for easy overclocking, we are changing to ensure that we can cover how this works in practice. As such we are now including the results of any "auto" overclocking software into our overclocking section. We will still only show you the testing results from our maximum stable OC, but you can get a good idea of what you will get from these new offerings.
For ASUS the software is called TurboV EVO. This is a Windows based software that is able to directly alter settings in the BIOS to affect an overclock in real-time. We have covered this software before in our review of the ASUS P7H57D-V Evo. Using the same fast auto tuning we were able to push our Core i5 750 to 3.715GHz (195x19). However, once we started tinkering we improved that clock to a stable maximum of 4.213GHz (201x21).
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary.
Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog