The P7P55D-E Pro uses ASUS' customized version of the AMI BIOS. But as with almost every motherboard ASUS makes, you will spend 90% of your time in the AI-Tweaker section.
For some this area will have way too many settings to play with. Thankfully, ASUS has included some quick and easy overclocking features that even a beginner can use.
The first is the CPU level up. This is a simple BIOS adjustment that allows you to "level-up" your CPU to act as a faster CPU. As you can see, the BIOS gave us the option to push ours to act like an i7 860, 870 and even run at 3.2GHz with a simple keystroke. The next is the built in BIOS auto tuning. This is much like the Auto Tuning that is done by the software driven TurboV EVO, but simply at the BIOS level without the need to boot into Windows.
The rest of the BIOS is clean and easy to navigate once you get the hang of it (which does not take long).
As more and more companies throw in software to allow for easy overclocking, we are changing to ensure that we can cover how this works in practice. As such we are now including the results of any "auto" overclocking software into our overclocking section. We will still only show you the testing results from our maximum stable OC, but you can get a good idea of what you will get from these new offerings.
For ASUS the software is called TurboV EVO. This is a Windows based software that is able to directly alter settings in the BIOS to affect an overclock in real-time. We have covered this software before in our review of the ASUS P7H57D-V Evo. Using the same fast auto tuning we were able to push our Core i5 750 to 3.715GHz (195x19). However, once we started tinkering we improved that clock to a stable maximum of 4.213GHz (201x21).
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary.
Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015