Overall the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro is a nice board. For the fairly low price of $189.99 over at Newegg, you get full speed USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0. In addition to that, you also get TurboV, EPU-6, high quality audio and a few other handy features that you would normally only find in a more expensive motherboard.
Performance wise the P7P55D-E Pro was right around where it should be when compared to other P55s. There are some areas where it exceeds and others where it is behind, but again nothing major and in keeping with what we have seen from other P55 Express based motherboards. Overclocking performance was good and the inclusion of the very easy to use TurboV EVO makes the P55D-E Pro a great choice for those just getting into overclocking and those that are looking to push farther.
The P7P55D-E Pro was also easy to install and build. The layout (with a couple of exceptions) is excellent and gives a healthy amount of room for an oversized CPU cooler. The extra PCIe 2.0 x1 slots are a left over from the PLX bridge that gives the NEC USB 3.0 and Marvell SATA 3.0 controllers the bandwidth they need to operate at full speed. These slots are also handy for PCIe cards (like the Xonar or a TV tuner) that may benefit from the greater bandwidth.
ASUS has done an excellent job of balancing performance, features and price, making the P7P55D-E Pro a good choice for an "all-around" motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20