Having a look at the card, you can see that the cooler GIGABYTE has opted for isn't anything we haven't seen before. With that said, it's one we've been happy with a few times now due to the fact it's an 80mm fan which means it's able to push more air at a lower RPM, which in turn means less noise.
Apart from the GIGABYTE sticker in the middle of the fan, there's not a whole lot more to look at thanks to the fan itself having quite a large shroud around the 80mm fan that manages to cover up most the card.
Like other HD 5670s we've looked at, the card lacks the need for any extra power connector, but does carry with it the standard CrossFire ports that we're use to seeing on the HD 5600 series and above.
In the I/O department we can see that GIGABYTE has dropped the DisplayPort for a VGA one. They have still included HDMI and Dual-Link DVI, though. While the card uses only a single slot for the connection, it is a dual slot card due to the larger nature of the fan.
When it comes to having a look at the clocks of the GIGABYTE HD 5670 OC, we think that the OC title might have been a bit of a stretch. Looking at the 1GB of GDDR5 memory, we can see that GIGABYTE has opted for the stock 4GHz QDR clock.
On the core front they've bumped it to 785MHz which is only 10MHz above the stock clock of 775MHz. With that said, this isn't the first time we've seen a company offer only a small overclock and slap the OC tag on the model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX prototype was a tablet and docking station
- CD Projekt RED now worth over $1 billion
- Choose a side in our 'Captain America' Blu-ray giveaway
- UK retailer offers HTC Vive headset on monthly payments
- PS4 Slim supports 5GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop