Having a look at the card, you can see that the cooler GIGABYTE has opted for isn't anything we haven't seen before. With that said, it's one we've been happy with a few times now due to the fact it's an 80mm fan which means it's able to push more air at a lower RPM, which in turn means less noise.
Apart from the GIGABYTE sticker in the middle of the fan, there's not a whole lot more to look at thanks to the fan itself having quite a large shroud around the 80mm fan that manages to cover up most the card.
Like other HD 5670s we've looked at, the card lacks the need for any extra power connector, but does carry with it the standard CrossFire ports that we're use to seeing on the HD 5600 series and above.
In the I/O department we can see that GIGABYTE has dropped the DisplayPort for a VGA one. They have still included HDMI and Dual-Link DVI, though. While the card uses only a single slot for the connection, it is a dual slot card due to the larger nature of the fan.
When it comes to having a look at the clocks of the GIGABYTE HD 5670 OC, we think that the OC title might have been a bit of a stretch. Looking at the 1GB of GDDR5 memory, we can see that GIGABYTE has opted for the stock 4GHz QDR clock.
On the core front they've bumped it to 785MHz which is only 10MHz above the stock clock of 775MHz. With that said, this isn't the first time we've seen a company offer only a small overclock and slap the OC tag on the model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes