Having a look at the card, you can see that the cooler GIGABYTE has opted for isn't anything we haven't seen before. With that said, it's one we've been happy with a few times now due to the fact it's an 80mm fan which means it's able to push more air at a lower RPM, which in turn means less noise.
Apart from the GIGABYTE sticker in the middle of the fan, there's not a whole lot more to look at thanks to the fan itself having quite a large shroud around the 80mm fan that manages to cover up most the card.
Like other HD 5670s we've looked at, the card lacks the need for any extra power connector, but does carry with it the standard CrossFire ports that we're use to seeing on the HD 5600 series and above.
In the I/O department we can see that GIGABYTE has dropped the DisplayPort for a VGA one. They have still included HDMI and Dual-Link DVI, though. While the card uses only a single slot for the connection, it is a dual slot card due to the larger nature of the fan.
When it comes to having a look at the clocks of the GIGABYTE HD 5670 OC, we think that the OC title might have been a bit of a stretch. Looking at the 1GB of GDDR5 memory, we can see that GIGABYTE has opted for the stock 4GHz QDR clock.
On the core front they've bumped it to 785MHz which is only 10MHz above the stock clock of 775MHz. With that said, this isn't the first time we've seen a company offer only a small overclock and slap the OC tag on the model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi 6 finally available outside of China
- Nokia 6 available in the US in early July
- Nintendo SNES Mini includes 21 built-in games for $79.99
- Enjoy the photos of another historic SpaceX launch
- 4K textures required in Xbox One X games even on HDTVs
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller