It's a bit annoying that the OC tag has been slapped onto the GIGABYTE HD 5670 when the overclock is only 10MHz up on the core. If it wasn't for the fact that we liked the model on a whole so much and also the fact that the model still manages to come in cheaper than some of the stock clocked models at $109.99, I might have a bigger issue with it.
What you're ultimately getting from the HD 5670 OC from GIGABYTE is a card that carries with it the price of a standard clocked model, an extra 10MHz on the core and a nice cooler that does a good job of keeping the core temperature down.
While we would've preferred an extra few MHz on the core and maybe a bump in the memory clock, the bottom line is that the price of this model is no more expensive than most other models which means you're ultimately getting a bump in performance for no extra cost.
All in all, we've got another nice little HD 5670 that offers us some good performance at 1680 x 1050 and carries with it a nice cooler that does a good job of keeping our core temperature down while not outputting too much noise.
While we're not all that comfortable with the fact GIGABYTE threw on the OC tag for a card that has a 10MHz bump in core speeds, the fact of the matter is that it costs you nothing more to get that bump in performance which is what makes the card a real winner.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- Fully prep for the ITIL Foundation Exam for just $39
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience