Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Memory: 1x 256MB DDR-400 Kingmax
Motherboard: EPoX 8K3A+
Video Card: Leadtek GF3 TI500
Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ATA-3 UDMA 100 7200RPM
Drivers:Nvidia DetXP rev 29.42
Software Used: Sisoft Sandra 2002, 3DMark2001 SE.
Sisoft Sandra 2002
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2001 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
First we have our Integer STREAM test. This tests the amount of memory that the CPU's ALU engines are able to access. Kingmax specs are for 2.5-2-2 1T so we have tested the system on these as well as the lower specs which give better overclocking performance.
Here we have the Floating Point Memory mark. This benchmark determines the amount of memory that the FPU engine is accessing. We see that the scores are well above what is practically expected. Theoretically we should see 3200 but that will not happen as many other components access the system memory at the same time.
3DMark2001 SE is the latest installment in the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments. Build 330 adds support for video cards that have Vertex Shaders but no Pixel Shaders, such as the SiS Xabre Video card.
3DMark2001 SE shows the real world implications of the faster timings. We see only a few marks difference between the scores, but it is more than enough to influence FPS in games buy over 30+
Highest Memory Bus Speed
This is a test of setting the memory clock to DDR-333 mode and pushing up the FSB until the memory becomes unstable at its specified speeds. We then slacken off on the timings to go even higher.
You can see at the specified 2.5-2-2 1T you don't get much in the way of overclocking, However, if you drop the timings you can get some pretty impressive scores as the graphs show. We didn't raise the memory voltage above specs as we are trying to determine the quality of the ram. If you can overclock on default voltage - You're a champion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 3 [Features]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Results]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 5 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015