Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Memory: 1x 256MB DDR-400 Kingmax
Motherboard: EPoX 8K3A+
Video Card: Leadtek GF3 TI500
Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ATA-3 UDMA 100 7200RPM
Drivers:Nvidia DetXP rev 29.42
Software Used: Sisoft Sandra 2002, 3DMark2001 SE.
Sisoft Sandra 2002
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2001 is a synthetic windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
First we have our Integer STREAM test. This tests the amount of memory that the CPU's ALU engines are able to access. Kingmax specs are for 2.5-2-2 1T so we have tested the system on these as well as the lower specs which give better overclocking performance.
Here we have the Floating Point Memory mark. This benchmark determines the amount of memory that the FPU engine is accessing. We see that the scores are well above what is practically expected. Theoretically we should see 3200 but that will not happen as many other components access the system memory at the same time.
3DMark2001 SE is the latest installment in the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments. Build 330 adds support for video cards that have Vertex Shaders but no Pixel Shaders, such as the SiS Xabre Video card.
3DMark2001 SE shows the real world implications of the faster timings. We see only a few marks difference between the scores, but it is more than enough to influence FPS in games buy over 30+
Highest Memory Bus Speed
This is a test of setting the memory clock to DDR-333 mode and pushing up the FSB until the memory becomes unstable at its specified speeds. We then slacken off on the timings to go even higher.
You can see at the specified 2.5-2-2 1T you don't get much in the way of overclocking, However, if you drop the timings you can get some pretty impressive scores as the graphs show. We didn't raise the memory voltage above specs as we are trying to determine the quality of the ram. If you can overclock on default voltage - You're a champion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 3 [Features]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Results]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software