The module itself is much smaller compared to a standard module. Measuring only 1.18 inches this module is ideal for low profile systems, servers and of course overclockers and concept PC's, where space is usually tighter since double sided modules come with 16 memory chips in total. This means you can't use this module in the third DIMM slots on Intel I845D, E and G motherboards - but then again very few can.
As mentioned, Kingmax uses 16 chips on all of their modules. These chips are produced for Kingmax by Kingpak, Kingmax's chip fab plant. The chips are in TinyBGA form, a very excellent packaging technology which reduces heat and increases signal integrity over standard memory modules. This chips are rated at 5ns making them fully 400 MHz compliant, not like some of the previous "DDR-400" reviews we've seen floating around.
After all the testing and quality assurances have been completed, Kingmax slap a sticker on the module with serial, lot and batch numbers for reference purposes as well as the speed, size and CAS Latency which is a well known Kingmax trait. What I would like to see for future modules is a new coloring or heat spreader added to the memory, as this would make it more attractive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 3 [Features]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Results]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 5 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel sub-contractor had friend make hoax bomb call to avoid work
- First 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer hits the web
- BIOSTAR announces DirectX 12 ready GTX 950 for $199
- 'Toddyhancer' graphics mod for Star Wars: Battlefront looks amazing
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Send Money Online To Italy Before You Trip To Produce Your Holiday More Relaxing
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- BIOSTAR GEFORCE GAMING GTX 950 ANNOUNCED, STYLISH PERFORMANCE FOR COMPETITIVE GAMING
- SilverStone Raven Series RVX01BR/RVX01BR-W
- Transcend Adds New 64GB microSD Memory Cards to Its Industrial-Grade Wide Temperature Lineup
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01