The module itself is much smaller compared to a standard module. Measuring only 1.18 inches this module is ideal for low profile systems, servers and of course overclockers and concept PC's, where space is usually tighter since double sided modules come with 16 memory chips in total. This means you can't use this module in the third DIMM slots on Intel I845D, E and G motherboards - but then again very few can.
As mentioned, Kingmax uses 16 chips on all of their modules. These chips are produced for Kingmax by Kingpak, Kingmax's chip fab plant. The chips are in TinyBGA form, a very excellent packaging technology which reduces heat and increases signal integrity over standard memory modules. This chips are rated at 5ns making them fully 400 MHz compliant, not like some of the previous "DDR-400" reviews we've seen floating around.
After all the testing and quality assurances have been completed, Kingmax slap a sticker on the module with serial, lot and batch numbers for reference purposes as well as the speed, size and CAS Latency which is a well known Kingmax trait. What I would like to see for future modules is a new coloring or heat spreader added to the memory, as this would make it more attractive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 3 [Features]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Results]
- Kingmax DDR-400 - Page 5 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Farming Simulator 2017 gameplay trailer released
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- EA is centralizing its Battlefield games under a single UI
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio