The Patriot Valkyrie 2-Bay NAS
Here we get our first look at the Patriot Valkyrie. On the left side each HDD gets two LEDs dedicated to their operation status. Along the top is where we found the power and one touch back up button. We will cover the backup features with the software in the following page. Also on the front is a single USB slot for backing up data off of your thumb drive.
Behind the front door is where you will find the dual drive sleds. It should be noted that there is not a locking mechanism for the drives or the plastic door. Both drives slid in and out very easily after you press the extraction button shown here on the left.
Patriot uses a metal housing for the Valkyrie and on the side you can see the label that is silk screened.
As with most NAS servers, most of the action is happening on the back of the unit. Here we see the second USB port that makes enabling the print server over Ethernet function a snap as well as your Gigabit Ethernet port, software reset function and power plug. The Valkyrie uses a small fan to cool itself and the hard drives inside. The fan is silent when in operation at two feet away.
Patriot put together a nice manual that will walk you through the setup procedures and software configurations. Here we also see the supplied power adapter, driver disk and Ethernet cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Patriot Valkyrie 2-Bay NAS]
- Page 5 [Software Setup Functions]
- Page 6 [Advanced Software Features]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - NASPT]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017