The Patriot Valkyrie 2-Bay NAS
Here we get our first look at the Patriot Valkyrie. On the left side each HDD gets two LEDs dedicated to their operation status. Along the top is where we found the power and one touch back up button. We will cover the backup features with the software in the following page. Also on the front is a single USB slot for backing up data off of your thumb drive.
Behind the front door is where you will find the dual drive sleds. It should be noted that there is not a locking mechanism for the drives or the plastic door. Both drives slid in and out very easily after you press the extraction button shown here on the left.
Patriot uses a metal housing for the Valkyrie and on the side you can see the label that is silk screened.
As with most NAS servers, most of the action is happening on the back of the unit. Here we see the second USB port that makes enabling the print server over Ethernet function a snap as well as your Gigabit Ethernet port, software reset function and power plug. The Valkyrie uses a small fan to cool itself and the hard drives inside. The fan is silent when in operation at two feet away.
Patriot put together a nice manual that will walk you through the setup procedures and software configurations. Here we also see the supplied power adapter, driver disk and Ethernet cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Patriot Valkyrie 2-Bay NAS]
- Page 5 [Software Setup Functions]
- Page 6 [Advanced Software Features]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - NASPT]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss says the PS4 has a 'huge lead' over the Xbox One
- Half-Life 3 teased in a recent update to Dota 2
- Naughty Dog: around 80% of PS4 gamers 'have never played Uncharted'
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- Fatal1ty Gaming K4- can't get BIOS to update
- Z170 gaming K4-DOS Bios file name more than 8 characters
- Slow performance on new RAID array after cloning old array?
- Connection questions Z170 Extreme 6+ motherboard
- Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 won't POST when loading XMP Profile for G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz Black DDR4
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent