The Patriot Valkyrie 2-Bay NAS
Here we get our first look at the Patriot Valkyrie. On the left side each HDD gets two LEDs dedicated to their operation status. Along the top is where we found the power and one touch back up button. We will cover the backup features with the software in the following page. Also on the front is a single USB slot for backing up data off of your thumb drive.
Behind the front door is where you will find the dual drive sleds. It should be noted that there is not a locking mechanism for the drives or the plastic door. Both drives slid in and out very easily after you press the extraction button shown here on the left.
Patriot uses a metal housing for the Valkyrie and on the side you can see the label that is silk screened.
As with most NAS servers, most of the action is happening on the back of the unit. Here we see the second USB port that makes enabling the print server over Ethernet function a snap as well as your Gigabit Ethernet port, software reset function and power plug. The Valkyrie uses a small fan to cool itself and the hard drives inside. The fan is silent when in operation at two feet away.
Patriot put together a nice manual that will walk you through the setup procedures and software configurations. Here we also see the supplied power adapter, driver disk and Ethernet cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Patriot Valkyrie 2-Bay NAS]
- Page 5 [Software Setup Functions]
- Page 6 [Advanced Software Features]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - NASPT]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99