Storage adapters are changing rapidly. For years companies used the brute force method to increase performance, more processing power, more cache and more drives. Today we are starting to see how technology and innovative R&D is leading to smarter, more efficient controllers. Adaptec has come up with a great way to reduce the total cost of ownership over the life of a controller with the Z-Series Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection for the 5805. The solution was really so simple, you have to wonder why no one has used it before. Either way, isn't it always the little things that make the biggest differences.
In a few weeks we will have our heads wrapped around the MaxIQ system that uses an Intel X25-E to store what Adaptec is calling Hot Data. The SSD will then be part of a hybrid storage system that has been reported to increase performance by up to ten times.
As a stand alone controller, the Adaptec 5805Z offers great performance no matter what application or use you use it for. Our review is just a standard usage overview with mostly default settings, but Adaptec's Storage Manager Software will allow you to fine tune your card to run your applications or storage server at peak performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Adaptec 5805Z]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'