It was surprising to see the numbers the HD 5570 put out when compared to the HD 5450. The low profile nature of the card and decision to go GDDR3 over GDDR5 really gave us the feeling that the card would be a overpowered office card rather than something that could game.
Looking at the numbers, though, it's clear that looks can be deceiving. Across the board we see good performance numbers from the model. Now, while you're not going to be gaming at 1680 x 1050 on any new games minus the exception that is Batman AA, you're going to be able to play at 1280 x 1024.
On the topic of the age of games, if you're into older games then this model is a good option. You really shouldn't have a problem playing some good classics at 1680 x 1050, even if you do have to drop the detail.
Let's have a look at what we're dealing with here. You're talking about a model that will have an RRP of $79 - $85US, it offers support for Eyefinity and gaming on the model isn't crap. I love this card, and I love it because it's better than what I thought it would be.
Games like Sims 3, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead and Batman AA are just a few of the games that this card would be great at when playing at lower resolutions. If you've got one of those pre-built, low profile machines that isn't able to play games these days, this is a fantastic option.
The HD 5570 is ultimately a wolf in sheep's clothing. You're not going to be playing the latest games at 1680 x 1050, you're not going to be playing games across three 24" monitors, but you are going to get some great performance at 1280 x 1024 with newer games or 1680 x 1050 with older games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni