Gaming performance isn't something you should be expecting out of this model and while AMD have some game benchmarks in their reviewers guide, only a few show above 60 FPS at 1024 x 768. These include Sims 3 at Low Quality, Batman AA and Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Everything else that AMD have included in the guide scores below a 60 FPS average which isn't what we want to see. It's not that the gaming performance on the model is bad, it's fine for what the model is. This model is aimed at the office PC; in that environment it's going to be great. Its low power, low profile and low cost make it attractive for that type of use. It's everything that a company wants in a graphics card.
You could also say the card is low performance, but it's not really. Yes, it's low performance compared to cards which are significantly higher in price, but it's exactly what you would expect from a card that sits in the $49 - $59 bracket.
If we look at the model from an office PC point of view, it's hard to fault. You've got a single card that's cheap and offers Eyefinity. In saying that, there are flaws with this card. If you're going to run three monitors, one is going to have to be hooked up via an analogue connection. If you've ever looked at two monitors next to each other with one running DVI and the other VGA, it's not hard to pick the difference. The VGA connected one won't look as sharp and will just have this blur over it when you look at text.
In an office environment this could be an issue depending what you're doing on that monitor. If you're looking at images on it and stuff like that, it's not a problem. If all your screens are going to be quite text heavy, that analogue connection is going to be a pain. In saying all this, we understand that due to the low profile nature of the card, it's not possible to have two DVI ports on the card, so that is a trade off.
The good news is that ATI said an Eyefinity 1GB model will be coming out. Now we're not 100% sure what that means at the moment, but hopefully it holds all DisplayPorts or in some way lets us have three digital connections even if it's at the cost of a full height card.
I would personally never use this card; I probably wouldn't even put it in someone's system for the simple fact that I would up talk them to at least a HD 5670. I can't let my personal feelings get in the way of an item I review, though. From an unbiased and constructive point of view, this is a fantastic model for an office that wants to run three monitors off a single card. Throw in the low profile nature of it and the passive cooler and it really is a very good model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015