Looking at the HD 5670 512MB reference card, this cements the fact that we're still too interested in cards with more memory than we really need to be. You can clearly see that the difference an extra 512MB of GDDR5 memory brings is really nothing. Unfortunately this isn't going to change the fact that we still want 1GB versions of cards that really only need 512MB.
If you're interested in saving some money, you shouldn't be worried about getting a 512MB version over a 1GB one with performance being almost identical between the two. In saying that, though, if you want to keep the temperatures down along with noise levels, it would be worth having a look at something that uses an aftermarket cooler.
Don't forget that if you go down that path, you'll probably end up with a dual slot card so if this is something you want to avoid, make sure you double check the cooler to see if it's dual or single slot or look at a card that uses the reference cooler.
Aimed for people who want to get EyeFinity on the cheap or simply want to do a bit of gaming at medium detail with resolutions of 1680 x 1050 or below, the HD 5670 continues to offer great value for money. While we would probably avoid the reference cooler, if a single slot option is a must it's not going to be the end of the world. Just know that we've already got companies out there offering better performing dual slot coolers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015