GIGABYTE uses an Award BIOS for the GA-H57M-USB3. As such, it follows the same layout most are familiar with.
For the enthusiast or tweaker the most important place in the BIOS is the M.I.T (MB Intelligent Tweaker). Here you can find the settings to overclock your CPU and GPU (on the Clarkdale). It also allows you to adjust the settings for your RAM and voltage.
Taking a look elsewhere in the BIOS shows us an interesting feature called XHD or eXtreme Hard Disk. This is not what you would think, though. It does not mean SATA 3.0, it means RAID and then it means RAID 0. GIGABYTE lists this as a way to boost your HDD performance but does require adding another HDD.
Overclocking the GA-H57-USB3 was fairly easy, although I did not like having to jump around the BIOS to find all the settings. It made for keeping track of what was and was not changed a pain. Still, for our stable overclock on the GA-H57-USB3 I was able to hit a very decent 163x26 or 4238MHz. We left Turbo and Hyper-Threading on for our overclocking testing which makes this a pretty good jump when you think about it.
You can see the validation for the i5 661 with the GMA HD here.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse