The new move towards different distinctions of chipsets for the Clarkdale is interesting. Many will be expecting greater performance by going with the H57 over the H55. However, we just are not seeing it so far. We are finding that, for the most part, the H57 boards have more features (including IGP overclocking).
For the GIGABYTE GA-H57-USB3 I have some very mixed feelings. I think that on the one hand, GB has done a good job of giving an enthusiast style board to the mainstream, but on the other we are not seeing the enthusiast class performance from it. I really do not know how to call this one with H55 board prices right around $100 and the cost of the H57-USB3 a little higher than that, I have to wonder if it is worth it. I suppose if you are looking to pick up a dual core CPU and want to have a pair of 5670s then you would have a great board for that type of setup.
Don't get me wrong, the GA-H57-USB3 is a good board (with a few minor layout issues), I just wonder about the H55/H57 chipset combination as a whole. I guess overall, if you want or need RAID support and USB 3.0 then the H57-USB3 is a board you will want to take a look into. If not, then you might be just as well with a H55 based board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lexus covered its car in 41,999 programmable LED lights
- Nintendo Switch to have Gamecube Virtual Console games
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs