The new move towards different distinctions of chipsets for the Clarkdale is interesting. Many will be expecting greater performance by going with the H57 over the H55. However, we just are not seeing it so far. We are finding that, for the most part, the H57 boards have more features (including IGP overclocking).
For the GIGABYTE GA-H57-USB3 I have some very mixed feelings. I think that on the one hand, GB has done a good job of giving an enthusiast style board to the mainstream, but on the other we are not seeing the enthusiast class performance from it. I really do not know how to call this one with H55 board prices right around $100 and the cost of the H57-USB3 a little higher than that, I have to wonder if it is worth it. I suppose if you are looking to pick up a dual core CPU and want to have a pair of 5670s then you would have a great board for that type of setup.
Don't get me wrong, the GA-H57-USB3 is a good board (with a few minor layout issues), I just wonder about the H55/H57 chipset combination as a whole. I guess overall, if you want or need RAID support and USB 3.0 then the H57-USB3 is a board you will want to take a look into. If not, then you might be just as well with a H55 based board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS