The new move towards different distinctions of chipsets for the Clarkdale is interesting. Many will be expecting greater performance by going with the H57 over the H55. However, we just are not seeing it so far. We are finding that, for the most part, the H57 boards have more features (including IGP overclocking).
For the GIGABYTE GA-H57-USB3 I have some very mixed feelings. I think that on the one hand, GB has done a good job of giving an enthusiast style board to the mainstream, but on the other we are not seeing the enthusiast class performance from it. I really do not know how to call this one with H55 board prices right around $100 and the cost of the H57-USB3 a little higher than that, I have to wonder if it is worth it. I suppose if you are looking to pick up a dual core CPU and want to have a pair of 5670s then you would have a great board for that type of setup.
Don't get me wrong, the GA-H57-USB3 is a good board (with a few minor layout issues), I just wonder about the H55/H57 chipset combination as a whole. I guess overall, if you want or need RAID support and USB 3.0 then the H57-USB3 is a board you will want to take a look into. If not, then you might be just as well with a H55 based board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20