Previous experiences with testing Noctua coolers have always been a pleasure and the NH-C12P SE14 is no exception. Running more silent than the original version, adding a ton of airflow to both the cooler and the motherboard, and returning excellent results in testing will make this my future recommendation for those who can't house a full tower. For what it does I will even put it over some larger towers even if you have the room. In short, the NH-C12P SE14 delivers in every way possible.
Keeping things in mind like ease of installation, it's hard to say I have found another unique mounting kit as easy; maybe the Prolimatek kit is as easy, but that's for a different conversation. Compatibility is a huge concern to overclockers. With boards having more advanced coolers on them now, it is sometimes hard to get coolers over the Northbridge coolers for instance. Noctua offers plenty of room to get over the top of most of these coolers. Then they can also take advantage of the flood of airflow delivered by the NF-P14. What doesn't get used by the cooler can only help to keep vital components a bit cooler. Tall heat spreaders on your RAM may be an issue depending on the slots used, although the cooler has potential to mount in various positions, too.
As with most of Noctua's products, they tend not to disperse their stock widely, and I have to deduct a bit there to be fair. The hardware kit is one of the best found on the market in completeness and ease of use, although I did miss the included screwdriver I am used to seeing. The fan included is a plus to any environment. Running my hand around the cooler during testing, I felt strong airflow coming from both sides and still even more coming past the cooler from the oversized 140mm fan.
Now, I had found the NH-C12P at an almost unbelievably low price of $35, but I had never heard of the e-tailer personally and am a bit leery of providing any information to them. I was able to locate it over at Newegg for $71.99, which is pricey, but with Noctua coolers, you get every pennies worth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Arrests conducted in Britain over malware-assisting website
- Multiple University staff injure themselves due to texting and walking
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED