Checking out the card, you can see a typical value look to the whole card. There's nothing too fancy, although the cooler is designed by Arctic Cooling which kicks it up a notch when it comes to overall quality and design.
You can see the cooler design is one which uses a lot more fins on the fan itself. Behind that we can see the heatsink that sits directly over the top of the core. In the middle of the fan we can see a Sapphire sticker, and apart from this there's not a whole lot more to look at.
Having a look around the card, we can see across the top we have two CrossFire connectors. What we don't have is a power connector thanks to the lower end design of the model. This is good news for a lot of people who aren't fans of having an extra power connector hanging off the back of their graphics card.
Looking at the connectivity of the card, you can see that we don't have the typical two slot design. Instead we've got only a single slot which in turn has meant we've lost a Dual-Link DVI connector. We do have a DisplayPort and HDMI port, though, and included in the bundle is a HDMI to DVI port. This setup also allows for EyeFinity, so if you're interested in getting into a multi monitor setup on the cheap, this could be an option.
Having a look at the specifications of the HD 5670, it's quite similar to the HD 5750. ROPS are the same, both cards share a 128-bit memory bus and both offer GDDR5. The GPU clock on the HD 5670 is higher by 75MHz and the memory is down 150MHz or 600MHz QDR at 4000MHz QDR.
So while at the moment it might sound like it could be faster, the biggest change comes in the shaders. Instead of 720 which is found on the HD 5750, we've only got 400. This is going to impact performance the most and while the extra GPU MHz will help, it won't be enough to offer the same performance. What kind of difference will it offer? Well, let's check out our test system and start comparing the numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome Data Saver mode now reduces data usage up to 70%
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY