The first thing we need to really determine is from a gaming perspective, what kind of user should be looking at this card? That's pretty easy really. If you're on a 22" monitor or smaller, don't game heaps, happy to use medium detail or lower and you don't want to bust the bank wide open, this is a great card for you.
The other people who will really like these cards are ones who want to get in on the EyeFinity action from a desktop real estate / productivity perspective. Due to the budget orientated cost of the card, it's a great option for people who want this kind of setup.
On the bad side of things, performance in games isn't fantastic when you compare it to a lot of the cards we look at. In saying that, though, you can expect only so much from a card that is $99.
We've got to put out a warning on this model; there's going to be a large number of variations of this model and we'll no doubt see companies use GDDR3 memory instead of GDDR5. This is going to put quite a hit on performance. So if you go hunting for a HD 5670 and you get excited by the low price of a particular one, please make sure you look at what kind of memory it uses.
Some of the other variations will include companies not including the CrossFire connectors. While CF will still work, it will be a software option. How this will affect performance, we're not sure, but it costs less for the manufacturer so it will be a cheaper price.
There's also word that we'll see EyeFinity versions of the card which will carry with it six DisplayPorts which will be another great option for people who just want a heap of monitors but don't need the graphics card power.
The HD 5670 is quite an impressive model. It opens up EyeFinity to more people and it gives people who want to jump to a HD 5000 series card on the cheap a good option. But remember, we can't stress enough that if you're happy with the numbers you're seeing here today, make sure that you look at what memory is used on the HD 5670.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage