The SilverStone Raven SST-RV02-BW Case
The first thing that strikes me about the RV02 is that it is a "left handed" case, or with the window being on the right panel, you have to place the chassis to your left to view it. Also very noticeable is the fact that the sliding door on the front has been done away with this time. It looks very sleek and sexy even sitting here empty.
Since SilverStone did away with the door panel on the RV02, it has been replaced with eight removable panels that will allow any configuration of drives you can think of. The white chevron at the top is the case lighting for power and HDD activity, and barely noticeable it the Raven logo molded into the plastic at the bottom.
Looking at the RV02 from this side, we can see that all the panels surround the door panels and keep the sides very neat and tidy. I had pulled all of the protective coverings except the cling plastic on the insode of the window. There was one on the outside as well to make sure there are no "funny" marks in the window upon arrival. With a touch of class, SilverStone simply applies a small logo at the top of the chassis.
The rear of this chassis is a bit strange at first glance, but once you see the inside it will make more sense when I tell you this is where the PSU fan draws air from, and the removable filter is sitting at the bottom. The hole at the top is where all the wires will come from once things are all hooked up.
The reverse side of the RV02 is very basic and plain to look at aside from the SilverStone logo at the top.
Starting closest to us, there is the power and reset buttons, flanking the edges, that surround the two USB 2.0 ports and the front audio 3.5mm jacks. Behind the front I/O is the well ventilated area that needs to allow the 120mm exhaust fans and the graphics cards to vent freely through. I think it has been accomplished with a bit of flair and style as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRAM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- Nintendo wants to make Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi anime
- Radeon Vega Frontier barely beats GTX 1080 in tests
- Halo Wars 2's latest update includes multi-GPU support
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus