Even though we are working with very early samples, it is safe to proclaim the RunCore Pro V with the SandForce 1500 controller and low cost MLC flash a very fast solid state drive. At this time I feel comfortable saying that the Pro V will be the enthusiast SSD in which all others will be compared to for the first half of 2010. The synthetic numbers don't show the true potential of the Pro V, but as soon as we get to real world Windows operations the synthetics be damned, this is the real deal.
What we really need to know before passing the final judgment is cost. We already know that the Pro V will cost more than the Barefoot powered Pro IV, but is it going to be a 10, 20 or 30% increase in cost? Another thing we need to consider is how the drive will compare to next generation products based on SandForce 1200, Marvel and Indilinx. The SandForce 1200 products should show up around the March timeframe and the latter two should arrive early Q2 if we are lucky.
What we do know is the RunCore Pro V is fast, fast enough to satisfy our needs and limited in many cases by other hardware like SATA II and even processor speed. The 4K performance is the highest we have ever tested to date; it is simply amazing. Every enthusiast on the planet will want this drive!
As you might have noticed, we have a matched pair of 100GB drives. Tune in tomorrow for our RAID 0 benchmarks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni