As an ex HAF 922 user, I have to say I like the Sniper more. It packs more options, better airflow, and a cleaner more acceptable profile to look at. You know by now I love all black cases, and Cooler Master didn't disappoint me there. I always preferred blue over red in LED's, so again it's a win. Including a very nice gaming surface for your choice of mouse is also a plus and continues with the Sniper theme. How accurate is your mouse on an eight foot long rental table? Roll this up and stuff it in your bag, problem solved.
The build went very well, as expected, but I did run into two issues. The first one is a quality issue. The foot, in my opinion, is a nice concept, but possibly a weak design. It really didn't take too much to snap this foot clean off! Since Cooler Master has taken steps to replace the foot, I can't really ask for much more of a solution. The second and more dysfunctional issue was the door panel's ability to be screwed in. The doors set right in the tracks and locks, but when it came time to replace the thumb screws into the rear of them, it was nearly impossible. It took both forcing the door down and applying pressure to the I/O area to align the holes so the screws would thread correctly. I guess there are some things not better than the HAF 922 on the Sniper, too. As much as I get in and out of my PC's, this is a real turnoff. If it was just something I did every three months for cleaning, it might not matter so much.
The Black Edition Sniper chassis is available at most of the major e-tailers out there. In mid towers you can get $50 and $100 chassis', but they don't offer most of what the upper end of the "premium" designs require to get one to your house. The Black Edition Sniper is no exception as it requires spending $159.99 at Newegg, and we haven't added in the shipping. At almost $200 to get one to your door, it is pricey, but does offer quite a bit of options for those who want to have a mobile system; priorities may vary from my own.
For those of you who actually are looking for a LAN chassis, this may in fact be the case that does the job. With handles incorporated into the top, I was easily able to handle the roughly 35-40 pounds of case and equipment. Be careful on how you move it at table height, though, as that is when I broke my foot. If I had used the rubber feet included inside the chassis, this is all a moot point then. For those who aren't into LAN events, this is still one sexy piece of hardware for your desktop. If I hadn't just found a replacement to my rig house in the HAF, it would have been moving to the Black Edition Sniper, as even with its foibles, I still liked it more than my HAF.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched