A-DATA have done a great job with this kit of RAM. Not only did we have no trouble achieving the 2200MHz DDR standard clock these kits offer at 8-8-8-24, we also managed to move even further and get another 58MHz DDR out of the kit. With even more time spent, the chances are you could probably squeeze a bit more again out of the kit, especially if you're happy to work with the timings.
One thing worth mentioning is that we had to remove one of our fans from our Noctua cooler to make the modules an easy install, but we already know that the extra fan does very little for extra cooling on our CPU. But it's something worth making note of if you do have a cooler that runs over the top of your memory slots.
What this kit comes down to is performance. That it has in spades with some extra numbers in both its stock form and overclocked. There's not a whole lot more you could ask for from a kit that offers such a high speed.
No doubt over the coming months we're going to see more and more companies attack the PC3-17600 market and offer us more aggressive timings and higher price tags. For now, though, if you've got the need for speed this is a fantastic kit worth keeping an eye out for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio