Thanks to the natural progression of memory speeds, we're quickly beginning to see that PC3-17600 is going to be the next number to own when it comes to high speed memory kits. As always, though, the kit hasn't just progressed in speed; it replaces the high price that PC3-16000 carried for a long time.
As time has gone on, we've seen that PC3-16000 modules don't need the fancy cooling fans and big heatsinks to achieve their speeds. As for the PC3-17600 kits, though, we already saw that G.Skill have implemented a nice fan with its modules and today we'll see what A-DATA have done to make sure their modules are able to achieve that massive 2200MHz memory clock.
While we know that the memory kit we're looking at carries with it a clock speed of 2200MHz DDR, we'll first have a quick look at the package before looking more closely at the timings that A-DATA offer. Once we've done that, we'll talk about how we went achieving the stock clocks and if we had any joy getting higher before we benchmark the kit and wrap everything up with our final thoughts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines