Thanks to the natural progression of memory speeds, we're quickly beginning to see that PC3-17600 is going to be the next number to own when it comes to high speed memory kits. As always, though, the kit hasn't just progressed in speed; it replaces the high price that PC3-16000 carried for a long time.
As time has gone on, we've seen that PC3-16000 modules don't need the fancy cooling fans and big heatsinks to achieve their speeds. As for the PC3-17600 kits, though, we already saw that G.Skill have implemented a nice fan with its modules and today we'll see what A-DATA have done to make sure their modules are able to achieve that massive 2200MHz memory clock.
While we know that the memory kit we're looking at carries with it a clock speed of 2200MHz DDR, we'll first have a quick look at the package before looking more closely at the timings that A-DATA offer. Once we've done that, we'll talk about how we went achieving the stock clocks and if we had any joy getting higher before we benchmark the kit and wrap everything up with our final thoughts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei announces another low-end phone - the Y6 2017
- Far Cry 5 box art shows villains, airplanes, and chaos
- Sony's Project FIELD mobile tech may release in 2017
- NASA shows Mars 2020 rover concept
- Microsoft Studios now named MS Studios Global Publishing
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017
- FSP unveils new Industrial and Gaming power solutions at COMPUTEX 2017
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family