ASRock has impressed us in the past with their commitment to providing power at a reasonable price. The H55M Pro is not an exception to this impression. Although it is obviously an entry level offering, it still manages to give good performance and overclocking potential. There are some items I would like to have seen, though, and I hope they will show up in future BIOS revisions.
ASRock would be wise to include some form of GPU overclocking as well as including an option to auto select the GPU type at POST. The latter missing feature has the potential to cause many problems for those that want to use an add-in graphics card with this board. There is also the issue of a missing PATA port. Again, as this is meant as an entry level board, I would have thought one would be present.
Our overall impression is still very good even with these missing items. If the retail price on these stay in the $100 range, it will be an excellent option for a value system or a mid to high-end HTPC. I know that last comment will confuse some, but as a HTPC is a very specific platform that does not require the same level of components that a general purpose or gaming system needs, I think that the H55M Pro combined with the $200 Core i5 661 will make for a very capable HTPC system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015