HD Tune Pro
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
- Benchmark: measures the performance
- Info: shows detailed information
- Health: checks the health status by using SMART
- Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
- Temperature display
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
In our first test here we can see that the Sharkoon toaster is pushing USB 2.0 almost to its limit with the Intel SSD installed. However, when we plug into a USB 3.0 port on the GIGABYTE UD7 motherboard, we can see that the best performance is offered with a wicked fast maximum nearing 200MB/s.
When using the optional NEC USB 3.0 controller card from Sharkoon, the performance is not as good, but still impressive.
In our first write test we can see what we were talking about on the last page with the SSD going down to 0.1MB/s. This is an issue with the SSD and not the Sharkoon devices or GIGABYTE motherboard.
That said, though, it is clear to see the advantage of USB 3.0 over USB 2.0 with the newer interface maxing out the Intel SSD, which has a maximum rated write speed of 80MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.