Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Starting off with the specifications, the latest incarnation of the Sharkoon docking station is basically exactly the same as all of the others, except of course it adds in a USB 3.0 port on the back of the device.
It is able to support both 2.5-inch and 3.-5-inch drives which means you will be able to install an SSD into the toaster and see the full performance of the drive externally to your system. While only having a USB 3.0 port for connection to your system, it is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 if you plan on upgrading to USB 3.0 later on by means of buying a new motherboard or buying a USB 3.0 PCI-Express controller card such as the NEC-powered USB 3.0 Host Controller Card that Sharkoon also sells.
Sharkoon tested the toaster to work in 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista and 7. Having noted this, though, this product should work on any operating system as long as it has a USB 3.0 driver available for it. There is an on / off power button on the back of the unit as well as two LEDs on the top right front area of the device.
Since this is a brand new product and only just launched by Sharkoon, we couldn't see it listed anywhere for sale just yet. As such, we cannot comment on availability and pricing. However, we contacted Sharkoon and they told us that the device has an MSRP of roughly $60 USD and the NEC USB 3.0 controller card (sold separately) has an MSRP of roughly $43 USD in the USA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset