With the package out the way it's time to see what's going on with the card and you can clearly see that HIS have opted for quite a large fan here that covers the majority of the card. There's really only a small shroud around the whole setup thanks to the fan taking up most of the room.
We can see the HIS logo clearly in the middle of the cooler and behind that we can see an 11-blade fan that should hopefully do a good job of keeping our card nice and cool. Looking even closer, though, we can see behind the fan the massive heatsink that also manages to take up a large portion of the card.
Doing the quick once over around the card, we don't see anything new when it comes to the overall layout. We've got a single 6-Pin PCI-E connector located at the back of the card and our Crossfire connectors closer to the front. While the first picture on this page make it looks like the cooler goes over the top of the card, we can say it doesn't so making use of those CrossFire connectors is not going to be an issue if you choose to use them.
This is the first time we've seen a company mix it up in the I/O department when it comes to connectivity. While we normally see the HDMI and DisplayPort connector, we also tend to have two Dual-Link DVI connectors. Instead HIS have opted to drop one and make it only a single bracket card. In saying that, though, the card isn't a single slot one so we think it's a bit weird that the company chose to drop a connector yet still have the card be a dual slot one. Maybe it helps cut costs.
While HIS have chosen to upgrade the cooler, they have left the clocks alone which means the core comes in at 750MHz and the 1GB of GDDR5 memory carries with it a clock of 4600MHz QDR.
It doesn't come as much of a surprise that the company has left the clocks at the default ones since the model hasn't been out for long. We wouldn't be surprised if over the coming weeks we see them release the model in a "Turbo" variant once they have found a good, solid and stable overclock. For now, though, it's all about the cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand