3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3
NVIDIA list Red Alert 3 as Good. Firing up the game and playing it, though, we're not sure if this is the best rating. While the game really does work for the most part pretty perfect, with 3D Vision there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of effect.
The only thing I can really notice that sits on a different level is the cursor. Unlike Sims 3, though, the icons are quite big in the game and you don't run into that issue where you're trying to hit the right building or unit.
So while the rating of Good is probably fair enough and a good representation of how the game works with the 3D Vision kit, due to the lack of effects that you get from the game you don't really get much of a 3D experience.
I actually went back to the game a few times to make sure my feelings on it remained the same and the more I played it, the more I felt there was some kind of effect, but I almost felt as if I was talking myself into it.
It's not exactly a new game at the end of it all, so we're not sure how much use it would get with a 3D Vision kit. In the event you buy the kit, you now have a little bit better idea of how it's going to look.
Our Rating - Fair. While NVIDIA have given this a Good and the rating is probably fair in the regard that using the kit doesn't have any negative effects when playing, the bottom line is that this is due to the limited 3D effects and for that reason we've given this game a fair as opposed to a good.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon reportedly buying Yahoo for $5 billion
- Apple's new iPhone 7 to be unveiled in early September
- Watch all of the best Comic-Con trailers right here
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta architecture could arrive in May 2017
- SAPPHIRE's new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 leaked photos surface
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard