Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE EX58-UD5
Video Card(s): GIGABYTE GTX 285
Memory: 6 X 2GB Kingston Value RAM PC3-12800 1333MHz DDR CL9
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 640GB SATA 2.0 HDD x 2 in Raid 0
Operating System: Windows Vista 64-Bit
Drivers: ForceWare 195.62 and 3D Vision v1.17
While I would tend to test just about everything on my test beds, today I opted to use my own computer. The main reason was that it was much easier to game on as opposed to my testbeds which have mice all over the place and keyboards and monitors in weird positions.
So with my much beloved Dell 30" monitor with its 2560 x 1600 resolution being demoted to the floor and the much smaller 22" ViewSonic VX2268wm being upgraded from the box to the prestige position that is my desk with its 1680 x 1050 resolution, it was time to get everything going.
So what I did is pulled out the games catalogue and started installing everything I could. I used these new games I had with ones already on my machine to determine my thoughts on 3D Vision.
What we'll quickly do before we dive into the experience in a number of games is just firstly talk about the setup of 3D Vision.
If we could only describe the setup of 3D Vision in one word, it would be "Easy." While I tend not to use manuals, I thought I had better this time as I didn't want to muck anything up. The manual is written so well in the sense that it means that anyone could setup the device. If you're able to install a mouse, you shouldn't have any problem installing 3D Vision.
While we didn't use the included CD, we downloaded the latest version of the software from the NVIDIA website, opened the ZIP file, ran the setup and the whole process tells us how to install the device and then allows us to test it to make sure everything is working.
I really thought that 3D Vision would be quite easy to setup because it needed to be. But this was just such a breeze and there's really no reason why anyone should run into any problems getting 3D Vision up and running.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- OWC Introduces 3TB Mercury Elite Pro External Storage
- Raijintek Atlantis Line of DIY Watercooling Products Now Available
- EVGA Announces the 'Bullets or Blades' Bundle
- Seagate Completes Acquisition of Dot Hill Systems
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series